Wednesday, January 7, 2009

I LIVED! Sobreviví!

Well, the first day of Primary was interesting, we didn't really get around to much of Sharing time, because I was so busy introducing the kids to their teachers, and explaining why some of the kids that were not in their classes before are now, and how this whole thing is going to work... It seemed to go okay, we started to learn our first song for the program in Spanish... It was interesting, because the gal that does the music is just learning Spanish, so she asked if the kids could translate the words to the song for her, and they really did okay. Marcelo was totally nervous because he is the 10-11 year old teacher, and he wasn't sure that he could do it in English, but he fell in love with his class and is really excited to teach them... Whew!

Bueno, el primer día de la Primaria fue interesante, realmente no llegamos a hacer mucho durante el tiempo para compartir porque estaba yo tan ocupada presentandoles los maestros a los jovenes y explicandoles porque algunas personas que antes no estaban en sus clases ahora si estan, y como va a funcionar esta cuestion. Me pareció ir bien, empezamos a aprender la primera cancion que tenemos que hacen en el prgrama sacramental en español... Fue interesante porque la hermana que hace la musica está recien aprendiendo español, asi que ella les preguntó a los niños si podían traducirle la letra, y realmente lo hicieron buen. Marcelo estaba muy nervioso antes de la clase, porque él es el maestro de los jovenes de 10-11 años, y no estaba seguro que lo podía hacer en ingles, pero le encantó su clase y él está muy animado para ser el maestro ahora. Yay!

3 comments:

Andrea said...

Good. I so happy for you that it went well!

Four Huffs said...

Oh man...all my old roomies are Primary Presidents! It's Terra, if you couldn't tell. I'm so glad that I found you! I hope all is well. Come and visit our blog and see how big our baby is getting. I can't believe that all your kids are SOOOO big! But SOOOO darling! Well, I love you tons!

Anonymous said...

Marcelo is the man! That is cool that he is a teacher for you. COngrats on living through your first Primary as the President. Keep up the good work.