Thursday, September 25, 2008

staples, stitches, and other joys...

On Saturday night, my parents came by and we were going to watch a movie. Daniel gets a little hyper when his uncles are here, and was kicking a ball around and playing rough, so I told him to go to his room to kick it, as there is nothing in there that he can break, or so I thought. I was helping get some dinner on, when Marcelo came in with Alin, who was screaming, with blood running down the side of her head and her arm. I didn't panic, because I am not one to do that, and just grabbed a towel and asked what happened... Apparently Daniel kicked the ball in his room and it hit the light cover, which shattered and fell on Alin, cutting her head and arm. So, we jumped in the car and went to the ER, where after an hour of waiting they put two staples in her head and five stitches in her arm. We are just feeling blessed that she didn't look up or it could have taken out her eye or something- and that the piece of glass that fell on her head wasn't turned a few degrees, or it could have really caused some serious damage... She was a trooper, screamed like crazy when they did the stitches and all, but after a minute was perfectly fine. She still cries if she sees the stitches, but I'm sure that's normal... Marcelo did awesome in the ER with her, I had to leave because it made me quesay. Funny how I can be okay with blood, but needles make me weak.

1 comment:

Andrea said...

Wow--that's the kind of "excitement" I don't mind missing in my house. Glad she's doing ok.