Thursday, August 7, 2008

Flabby, fat, and LAZY!

Anyone who knows me can attest to the fact that I abhor exercise with a passion most people save for terrorists, inlaws, or the IRS. So, what am I doing at 7 am in sneakers, jogging pants and a sports bra? I really don't know either! I have been thinking and planning of getting in shape for the past ten years or so, and never really made good on my threats- I told my body that if it didn't stop gaining weight and being so flabby, i was going to make it do terribly uncomfortable things, ie exercise. And it didn't listen, so here I am- a little shaky from having done like 40 crunches and jumped rope for a whole five minutes. How pathetic is that?!?! My little sister, Valerie, who is 16, sent me a website that she got from some running group, and it has a ton of different exercises that are supposed to tone and firm and all that, and it seems to have some pretty good stuff. The web address is http://www.mastertheshift.com/index.shtml, it you are interested... It only takes a few minutes to do quite a few different things, and they all really make you sore! I don't know if i will be keeping up on this, but I am really going to try! If anyone wants to join me on this little venture, let's do it! And plan to get together and run a 5k in like a year! We could totally do that... hmmm..... now it's time for breakfast, 'cuz the kids are up and wondering what these strange things on my feet are!

Cualquiera que me conoce puede affirmar el hecho de que yo tengo un odio hacia el ejercicio que la mayoria de la gente guarda para terroristas, sus suegros, o la hacienda. Entonces, que estoy haciendo aca a las 7 d la mañana en zapatillas y buso? La verdad es que yo no se tampoco! He estado pensando y planeado de ponerme en forma por los ultimos diez años, pero nunca seguí con mis amenazas... Le dije a mi cuerpo que si no dejaba de engordarse y ser tan asqueroso, iba a hacer algo muy drastico, como el ejercicio. No me escuchó entonces aqui estoy, tembloroso por haber hecho como 40 abdominales y haber saltado la cuerda por casi 5 minutos. Que patetico soy!!! Mi hermanita, Valerie, quien tiene 16 años me mandó una pagina web de ejercicio que recibió de parte de un grupo de correr, y tiene un montón de ejercicios que son para ayudar a afirmar y hacerle mas esvelto al cuerpo, y parece tener unas cosas bien buenas. La página es http://www.mastertheshift.com/index.shtml, por si les interesa. Solamente demora uno unos minutos para hacer varias cosas diferentes, y todos le hacen doler bastante al cuerpo! No sé para cuanto voy a seguir con eso, pero realmente voy a intentarlo. Si alguien quiere juntarse conmigo en esta aventura, hagamoslo! Si lo planearamos bien, podríamos juntarnos en un año para hacer una carrera de 5k o algo. bueno, ahora es tiempo para hacerles el desayuno a los niños, ya que están preguntandome lo que son estas cuestiones raras que tengo en mis pies!

2 comments:

Andrea said...

Very entertaining post. I'm supposed to do a 5K with Matt because he finished a tri. Uh--haven't been exercising, so we'll see. I'm not a fan of it either.

Holly said...

I'll run a 5K with you whenever you want!! I'm slow but I CAN DO IT, and so CAN YOU!!!